Does your school/district have students who are working to give back to the community in which they live? Or maybe, they have expanded their reach to include the global community. If so, please encourage them to apply for one of Kentucky Association of School Administrator’s (KASA) Student Impact Grants.
This grant program enables recipients to unlock classrooms and accelerate learning into real world, project-based applications. Research continues to show that our students care deeply for and about giving back, and so our grant program focuses on student learning that contributes positively to communities, either locally or globally.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Applicants for this grant may be students or classes from any grade level in the state of Kentucky.
What Can Students Apply For?
Applicants can request up to $2,500 for a project-based learning opportunity that contributes positively to the community of their choosing.
How are projects Scored?
Scoring will be based on the following categories: Video & Summary, Educational Benefit, Impact & Sustainability, Funding, and Promotion of the project. Grant applications will be reviewed and voted on by a panel of judges no later than February 28, 2021.
How Are Projects Awarded?
Awards will be given to the top applicant in each of the following grade categories: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
Steps to Complete Application:
- Complete a 1 to 2-minute video.
Guidelines for Video:
- 1 to 2-minute video (150 MB or less)
- Follow copyright laws and grant guidelines
- Video file saved using the format: pblgrant_districtname_principalslastname_grade
- Upload video to YouTube or Vimeo and share link where requested on application
- Complete the online application (https://bit.ly/2020-21ImpactGrant)
- Submit the KASA Photograph and Video Release Form for each student participating in the project and/or video to email@example.com.
Note: Grant recipients will be invited to the KASA Annual Leadership Institute July 28-30 to display and discuss their projects.
NOTE: The video release form requested on the application may be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to KASA Student Grant, 87 C. Michael Davenport Blvd, Frankfort KY 40601.