- Participants will be exposed to all of the PSEL standards, The Leadership Challenge®, and resources which will help land the job as principal
- Participants will be mentored by master administrators who have been successful principals
- Participants will have the opportunity to participate in mock interviews, and have resumes reviewed
- Program costs include 6 face to face sessions, the Principal Summit, the Education Law & Finance Institute, and the Annual Leadership Institute. This is a value-added opportunity for all participants. The return on your investment is strong.
- Each in-person agenda includes team/individual work time and progress reporting
- Participants will be invited to share experiences at the July 2024 Annual Leadership Institute in a format to be determined. Working lunch will be provided at all in-person convenings
- Credentialing opportunities will be available at the completion of the program
The Leadership Challenge®
As a key element of the KELA curriculum, participants will experience the initial Leadership Challenge® two-day training led by KASA staff. Based on extensive research by Kouzes & Posner, The Leadership Challenge® establishes five core practices and thirty (30) specific behaviors demonstrated by exemplary leaders. In addition, each KELA cohort member will be given access to complete a 360° Leadership Profile Inventory® (LPI). Participation in The Leadership Challenge® training comes at no additional cost to participants.