This nine (9) month-long program is highly-selective with only 30 applicants from across the commonwealth approved. It is highly recommended that applications be submitted soon.
To be eligible for KELA, applicants must:
- Be a KASA member in good standing.
Application process will include:
- Registration (now closed) and submission of a completed application due no later than 4:00 p.m. ET on
July 21, 2023
(Note: Once registration is processed, applicants will receive an email with instructions on next steps: completing application, obtaining superintendent approval, and references. Email will be sent within 48 hours from the time registration is received.)
- Documented superintendent and principal (if appropriate) approval for program participation and local implementation of activities designed to create, improve, or expand existing systems or processes.
- Three (3) electronically submitted professional reference surveys completed by individuals familiar with the candidate's ability and potential as an executive leader. These references must include:
- A direct supervisor
- A professional colleague
- A third reference of the applicant’s choosing.
- A signed professional commitment to faithfully attend in-person and virtual convenings of the cohort to ensure credibility of the experience.
- $250 deposit is due with registration (now closed) for application. If selected, deposit will be applied to remaining balance. If not selected, deposit will be returned in full.
- Acceptance letters will be delivered by email no later than July 30, 2023. Print letters will follow shortly thereafter.