Click here for application
staff, or volunteers are eligible for the Fred Award. This
includes classified support staff (i.e. bus drivers, custodians, cafeteria workers, instructional assistants, etc.), students, parents, community
volunteers, etc. School nurses and school resource officers are eligible for this award providing they are employed by the school district.
Award nominees should possess a trademark spirit of
service, innovation and commitment to others in a way that positively
impacts the lives of those in the school community.
Nominees who received this award within the last ten years are ineligible to be nominated a second time. They, however, may be nominated for other KASA Awards.
- Applications accepted through March 25
- Note: Only one applicant per school district will be accepted.
- Award nominations may be submitted by any KASA member. Nominations must be submitted on the official application.
- A maximum of three additional pages of supporting materials may be submitted to enhance the application. New this year - supporting materials may be submitted in video format. Video should be uploaded to web-based platform (YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, etc.) and the link should be included on the application. Video length should be a maximum of 4 minutes.
Award Selection, Notification & Recognition
- Three Fred
finalists will be selected and announced in April 2024 by a statewide
judging panel comprised of KASA member representatives.
- A film crew
will visit each finalist in May to learn more about the
nominee and how he or she exudes Fred like qualities in the school
district each day. Footage will be compiled into a short video, shown at
the summer institute to a large audience prior to the winner being
announced. The video will also be used on KASA’s website, and the
recipient will be recognized in KASA’s award publications and other
will be recognized at KASA’s leadership institute, at
the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, where the two finalists will receive
a commemorative award and $250 monetary gift.
The 2024 Fred recipient will be announced as a culminating activity of the
institute on July 26, 2024, at which time he or she will receive a
commemorative award and $500 monetary gift.
- Nominees not chosen for the award will be recognized via KASA’s newsletter and website at www.kasa.org.
Submitting a Nomination
Complete the application and forward to the KASA office as follows:
Press the Submit Electronically button on the PDF form. (Note: if using this option, you will also need to print page 1, sign and fax to (502) 875-4634.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: If using Chrome or FireFox, you must first save pdf to your computer, then close browser and re-open saved file to complete and submit.
Leadership Awards Program
87 C. Michael Davenport Blvd
Frankfort, KY 40601
Address cover sheet to Leadership Awards Program.
Note: Nomination packet must include application, letters of recommendation, and any supporting materials.
- All applications become the property of KASA. No material will be returned unless requested by the nominator.
- When completing the application, please write clearly and give specific examples as to how the nominee has accomplished or addressed a particular criteria area. (Example: “Jane Smith contributes to the effectiveness of the administrative team by contacting each individual prior to a team meeting, ensuring their attendance and their participation relative to assignments previously made.”)
Applications not submitted in accordance with the stated guidelines will be disqualified.