Educators who are active members of KASA for five consecutive years immediately prior to retirement and at the time of the award and who have retired or plan to retire at the close of the current school year are eligible for the Distinguished Service Award. If retired, nominee must have remained active in P12 education in some capacity.
Nominees who received this award within the last ten years are ineligible to be nominated a second time. They, however, may be nominated for other KASA awards.
Award Selection, Notification & Recognition
- Award recipient will be selected by a statewide judging panel comprised of KASA member representatives.
- Nominators will be notified of nominee's award status in late June.
- Award recipient will be recognized at KASA's Annual Leadership Institute at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, presented the Pinnacle of Success commemorative award, and recognized in KASA's award publication, print and Web publications, and other appropriate media.
- Note: Only one nominee per school district will be accepted.
- Award nominations may be submitted by any KASA member on behalf of a fellow member. Self nominations are also accepted. Note: The nominee must be an active KASA member for at least five consecutive years, including the current school year.
- Nominations must be submitted on the official application form.
- A maximum of five additional pages of supporting materials may be submitted to further enhance the application.
- Two letters of recommendation must accompany the application. Letters must be written by KASA members-one by an administrator in the nominee's school district, and one by an administrator who holds the same job classification as the nominee from any school district. Note: If retired for some time, obtain letters from a previous district employer or other education organization.
Submitting a Nomination
Complete the application and forward to the KASA office, along with the two letters of recommendation, and any supporting materials (no more than five pages) as follows:
Press the Submit Electronically button on the PDF form. (Note: if using this option, you will also need to print page 1, sign and fax to (502) 875-4634.)
Leadership Awards Program
87 C. Michael Davenport Blvd., Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 875-4634 (Address cover sheet to Leadership Awards Program.)
Note: Nomination packet must include application, letters of recommendation, and any supporting materials.
- All applications become the property of KASA. No material will be returned unless requested by the nominator.
- When completing the application, please write clearly and give specific examples as to how the nominee has accomplished or addressed a particular criteria area. (Example: "John Doe has served the community in which he was an education leader by implementing a much needed after-school program for second-grade students...")
Applications not submitted in accordance with the stated guidelines will be disqualified.