Assistant Principal Role Group Election
A large percentage of KASA's membership is made up of assistant principals. Currently, assistant principals are represented by the elementary, middle, and secondary school principal role
group directors. During its November board meeting, KASA's Board of Directors voted to add a role group director position to represent assistant principals.
KASA members serving in the role of assistant principal are eligible to participate in the nomination process to elect your representative. The successful candidate will serve a three-year term and be eligible to complete an additional three-year term if re-elected or re-appointed.
Nominations are being accepted through January 23, 2023, with an online election conducted shortly thereafter. In accordance with the bylaws, nominees must meet the following criteria to serve on the board of directors:
KASA provides travel reimbursement to participate in board meetings. To learn more about this position, review the following:
- Professional or premier member of KASA currently serving as an assistant principal
- Available to complete a three-year term - Directors representing role groups may succeed themselves for one additional term if re-elected or re-appointed
- Attend board meetings in the spring and fall each year
To nominate yourself or someone else, send an email to Wanda Darland (email@example.com)
- Volunteer Job Description
- KASA Constitution & Bylaws
Have questions or need additional information? Contact KASA Director Rhonda Caldwell (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Immediate Past President and Nominating Committee Chair Bobby Bennett (email@example.com).