The KASSP Principal of the Year is the highest honor bestowed upon a member of the organization each year.
The award recognizes excellence in:
- Instructional leadership
- Student achievement results
- Closing gaps and providing opportunities for all students to thrive
- School culture and climate
- Contributions to the community and the profession
The Principal of the Year receives:
- A crystal engraved trophy
- Recognition at upcoming KASSP events
- Recognition at local Board of Education
- $500 one time scholarship for use by a student at the POY’s school or district
- Statewide recognition through affiliate web news (KASA)
KASSP’s Principal of the Year is eligible (at his or her expense) for application as the National Principal of Year, sponsored by the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
- Must be a full-time Principal in a Kentucky High School or Middle School
- Must be a member of KASSP with dues fully paid (see kasa.org for registration details)
- Must complete and submit a fully completed application as per the guidelines
The Selection Process
The Principal of the Year will be selected based on the application and timeline listed here by a committee composed of former winners of the award.
||Application due to KASSP Executive Director
||Winner Announced - All applications will receive a response
||Deadline for submission of NASSP National application