Any member of the office support staff employed in a local school, district, or education organization/state agency office is eligible to be nominated for this award. Membership in a professional organization is not required.
Nominees who received this award within the last ten years are ineligible to be nominated a second time. They, however, may be nominated for other KASA Awards.
Award Selection, Notification & Recognition
- Award winner will be selected by a statewide judging panel comprised of KASA member representatives.
- Nominators will be notified of nominee’s award status in mid-April.
- Award winner will be recognized during a special ceremony during Office Professionals Week in April, and presented the beautiful rosewood Gears Clock and a $500 award, which symbolizes the recipient’s vital role in the daily operations of his or her school, district or organization.
- Applications accepted through March 25
- Note: Only one applicant per school district will be accepted.
- Award nominations may be submitted by any KASA member.
Nominations must be submitted on the official application.
- A maximum of three additional pages of supporting materials may be submitted to enhance the application. New this year - supporting materials may be submitted in video format. Video should be uploaded to web-based platform (YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, etc.) and the link should be included on the application. Video length should be a maximum of 4 minutes.
Submitting a Nomination
Complete the application and forward to the KASA office as follows:
Press the Submit Electronically button on the PDF form. (Note: if using this option, you will also need to print page 1, sign and fax to (502) 875-4634.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE: If using Chrome or FireFox, you must first save pdf to your computer, then close browser and re-open saved file to complete and submit.
Leadership Awards Program
87 C. Michael Davenport Blvd
Frankfort, KY 40601
Address cover sheet to Leadership Awards Program.
Note: Nomination packet must include application, letters of recommendation, and any supporting materials.
- All applications become the property of KASA. No material will be returned unless requested by the nominator.
- When completing the application, please write clearly and give specific examples as to how the nominee has accomplished or addressed a particular criteria area. (Example: “Jane Smith contributes to the effectiveness of the administrative team by contacting each individual prior to a team meeting, ensuring their attendance and their participation relative to assignments previously made.”)
Applications not submitted in accordance with the stated guidelines will be disqualified.