The Leadership Challenge® Workshop
KASA is proud to bring The Leadership Challenge® Workshop to Kentucky. It is grounded in the award-winning book on leadership, The Leadership Challenge®, co-authored by Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner. This leadership resource is research-driven and is about how everyday leaders mobilize others to want to get extraordinary things done. It’s about the best practices leaders use to transform values into actions, visions into realities, obstacles into innovations, separateness into solidarity, and risks into rewards. It’s about creating a climate in which people turn challenging opportunities into remarkable successes.
The Leadership Challenge® Workshop is a unique intensive program that consistently receives rave reviews from participants. It has served as a catalyst for profound leadership transformations in organizations of all sizes and in all industries. The program is highly interactive and stimulating. Participants experience and apply The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® through large and small group discussions, individual reflection and workbook planning, case studies from the research of The Leadership Challenge®, experiential activities and application to their own leadership challenges.
The two-day workshop has seven modules: an opening module to set the course for learning about leadership and individual results of the LPI 360 – Leadership Practices Inventory, a module for each of
The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership® and a closing application/action planning module.
2. Model the Way
3. Inspire A Shared Vision
4. Challenge the Process
5. Enable Others to Act
6. Encourage the Heart
Outcomes for participants
• Identify specific leadership behaviors to strengthen results for yourself and your team(s)
• Clarify personal values and develop a personal philosophy of leadership
• Speak with conviction about the meaning of your work and inspire hope for the future
• Become a catalyst for meaningful change within your district
• Strengthen relationships with and among your team by modeling collaborative leadership behaviors
• Enable the development of others to enhance their contributions to the district
• Encourage yourself and collective accomplishments of your teams
• Fortify your ability to solve education challenges using The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership®
Cancellation & Substitution Policy
All registration cancellations and refund requests must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org 21 days prior to the workshop. A refund of the full workshop fee, minus a $229 administrative fee, will be given for cancellations received by that date. After this date, refunds cannot be issued; however, substitutions are welcome at an additional registration fee of $229.
The Leadership Challenge® workshop includes numerous materials and supplies that cannot be transferred to other individuals, specifically this includes the Leadership Practices Inventory, a 360° evaluation tool. Registrants who cancel will still receive the opportunity to complete the Leadership Practices Inventory, as well as the substitute attending in his or her place.