All active members of KASA (excluding superintendents*) for at least two consecutive years (including the current school year) are eligible to be nominated for an Administrator of the Year Award.
Nominees who have received this award within the last ten years are ineligible to be nominated a second time. They, however may be nominated for other KASA Awards.
*We encourage KASA members to nominate their superintendent for the Superintendent of the Year Award.
Award Selection, Notification & Recognition
- Award recipients will be selected by a statewide judging panel representative of KASA member representatives.
- The judging panel will select one building level and one district level administrator to receive this award.
- Nominators will be notified of nominees' award status in late June.
- Award recipients will be recognized at KASA's Annual Leadership Institute at the Galt House Hotel in Louisville, presented the Spirit of a Leader Award, and recognized in KASA's award publication, print and Web publications, and other appropriate media.
- Note: Only one nominee per school district will be accepted.
- Award nominations may be submitted by any KASA member on behalf of a fellow member. Self nominations are also accepted. Note: The nominee must be an active KASA member for at least two consecutive years, including the current school year.
- Nominations must be submitted on the official application form.
- A maximum of five additional pages of supporting materials may be submitted to further enhance the application.
- Two letters of recommendation must accompany the application. Letters must be written by KASA members-one by an administrator in the nominee's school district, and one by an administrator who holds the same job classification as the nominee either from his/her district or another district/education agency.
Submitting a Nomination
Complete the application and forward to the KASA office, along with the two letters of recommendation, and any supporting materials (no more than five pages) as follows:
Press the Submit Electronically button on the PDF form. (Note: if using this option, you will also need to print page 1, sign and fax to (502) 875-4634.)
Leadership Awards Program
87 C. Michael Davenport Blvd. Frankfort, KY 40601
(502) 875-4634 (Address cover sheet to Leadership Awards Program.)
Note: Nomination packet must include application, letters of recommendation, and any supporting materials.
- All applications become the property of KASA. No material will be returned unless requested by the nominator.
- When completing the application, please write clearly and give specific examples as to how the nominee has accomplished or addressed a particular criteria area. (Example: "Jane Doe fosters understanding of the school program throughout the community by meeting with business officials monthly to share progress made by students and schools...")
Applications not submitted in accordance with the stated guidelines will be disqualified.