Welcome to the KWEL Professional Network!
KWEL is now a year-long professional network that provides support to cohort members throughout the year. It's mission is to create and maintain a community of professional female educational leaders by promoting knowledge, competence, exemplary quality, equity and self-confidence through personal leadership growth, mentorship, and support in career advancement.
To ensure we are achieving this mission, KASA conducted a survey to understand the impact of KWEL and the needs of its cohort members. While overwhelmingly positive, the survey data identified specific needs. With this in mind, the network has expanded to include numerous leadership development opportunities, customized services, and supports to all cohort members.
Bundling the services as a yearlong network enables KASA to decrease costs to members with only one registration fee as opposed to multiple fees for individual services.
The KWEL Professional Network includes the following services:
1. Women’s Forum January 25-26, 2023 (up to 12 hours EILA credit)
2. Forum kickoff lunch-n-learn networking in like role groups January 26, 2023
3. Networking Social January 27, 2023, for those arriving at the forum site the
evening before the forum January 26-27, 2023
4. 1:1 mentor support system February through December
5. Virtual webinars in January, March, May, September, November (1 EILA credit hour each)
6. Executive leader virtual roundtables for superintendents (for superintendents only)
7. Contract negotiation strategies
8. Situational coaching support
9. Resumé review service
10. Interview preparation and coaching
11. Exclusive online community for networking
12. Reception at KASA’s Annual Leadership Institute July 28, 2023