Education sessions will take place Thursday, July 28, 2022, and will be one hour in length. Sessions will be identified in terms of topic, target audience, and presentation format as follows:
Sessions should be designed for P-12 school administrators featuring interactive, engaging adult learning techniques and showcase emerging trends and innovations in education based on Rise Up, Reach Out, Remember Your Why, the theme of this year’s event.
Proposal Review and Notification
All proposals will be reviewed by members of the planning committee and KASA staff. Reviewers will evaluate the proposals through the follow lens:
- How well does the proposal relate to the event theme and focus areas?
- Does the proposal contain innovative, research-based, and cutting-edge ideas that achieve successful results?
- Will the proposal’s content attract and stimulate attendees?
- Are the ideas, practices, and programs replicable, and do they focus on the hows and whys?
- Are presentation techniques current, diverse, and interactive?
- Does the proposal/session provide the level of insight, instruction, and material that meets the high standards and expectations of KASA attendees?
- Does the session provide practical application?
- Will the presentation help attendees lead schools effectively?
Tips for Preparing Your Proposal
- Session title should be 15 words or less and should clearly reflect the session’s focus and content.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms that do not clearly explain the session’s content.
- Use active verbs to describe what will occur in the session. (Examples: discuss, examine, present)
- Session descriptions should be limited to 75 words and should indicate presentation style and learning targets participants can expect to gain from your session.
- Write in complete sentences, not phrases.
Please submit only one session for consideration. To submit a proposal, complete the online submission form by February 28, 2022. KASA will notify the primary presenter in April 2022 regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of all proposals.