This training is designed to help prepare school assistant principals of all levels to assume their new roles. The First 100 Days for New Assistant Principals is structured to provide training and direction necessary to successfully complete this important period in the professional journey of new assistant principal.
The training will be led by former school principal Wes Cornett, KASA Director of Professional Services, and Jamie Keene, Asst. Principal at Clark County High School, and will focus on ideas and actions that can or must be taken during that all-important period from July 1 to fall break and will include topics such as:
- Smart transitioning into your new position
- Principal is part of your title!
- Establishing and living your personal guiding principles
- Building relationships with students and staff
- Knowing all the rules, especially the “hidden” rules
- Dealing with passionate people
- Building instructional credibility with your staff
- Assessing school culture with kids in the building
- Strategic professional coaching and evaluation strategies
- Preparing and managing school operations
- The importance of protecting your position and your values
- Living a balanced life
Attendees will receive a copy of the book, Beginning the Assistant Principalship by John Daresh and a box lunch will be provided on site.
Don’t miss this opportunity to network and learn as you prepare to enter the amazing professional world of the new assistant principal.
• Written cancellation requests received by May 31, 2019 will receive a refund minus
$39.00 cancellation fee.
• Written cancellation requests received on or after May 31, 2019 will not be refunded.
• Written cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.