This training isdesigned to help prepare school principals of all levels to assume their new roles. The First 100 Days for New Principals is structured to provide training and direction necessary to successfully complete this important period in the professional journey of the new leader.
Led by Owens Saylor, retired school administrator and KASA Director of Program Development, and former school principal Wes Cornett, KASA Director of Professional Services, this training will focus on ideas and actions that can or must be taken during that all-important period from July 1 to fall break and will include topics such as:
- Smart transitioning into your new position
- Establishing your personal guiding principles
- Building a school vision coalition
- Developing an effective 30-60-90 day entry plan
- Preparing and leading your first SBDM meeting
- Communicating instructional expectations
- Building instructional credibility with your staff
- Assessing school culture with kids in the building
- Strategic professional coaching and evaluation strategies
- Preparing and managing school operations
Attendees will receive a copy of the book, Beginning the Principalship by John Daresh and Linda Alexander and box lunch will be provided on site.
Don’t miss this opportunity to network and learn as you prepare to enter the amazing professional world of the new school principal.
• Written cancellation requests received by July 18, 2019 will receive a refund minus
$39.00 cancellation fee.
• Written cancellation requests received on or after July 18, 2019 will not be refunded.
• Written cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.