Tips for Preparing Your Proposal
- Session title should be 15 words or less and should clearly reflect the session’s focus and content.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms that do not clearly explain the session’s content.
- Use active verbs to describe what will occur in the session. (Examples: discuss, examine, present)
- Session descriptions should be limited to 75 words and should indicate presentation style (lecture, panel discussion, roundtable, workshop) and learning targets participants can expect to gain from your session.
- Indicate whether handouts or other resources will be available.
- Write in complete sentences. Do not use phrases.
Goals and Objectives of the Annual Leadership Institute
- Keep leading and learning at the forefront of the annual leadership event.
- Recognize education leaders’ critical role in creating the future (next 50 years) and preparing the next generation of leaders and learners for living successfully in our global society.
- Understand public education’s role in workforce and economic development of a global Kentucky and society, including post high school credentials (CTE).
- Return to schools and districts inspired and motivated to pursue ideas and act on what they heard and learned.
- Gain solid information on new trends and developments in the education field—solutions to common problems, knowledge of new but widely applicable techniques or explore current thinking and practice in a useful way.
- Acquire greater knowledge and skill in the education field through participatory networking, exchange and inquiry.
Presenters must register for the institute before or upon acceptance of the proposal at the early-bird member rate. Registration fee includes access to all general sessions, concurrent education sessions, featured workshops, exhibit hall, meal functions, activities, and EILA conference or finance officer credit.
Any co-presenters included a session must be registered for the conference on July 29 at the one-day rate. Registration fee includes access to all general sessions, concurrent education sessions, featured workshops, exhibit hall, and EILA conference or finance officer credit.
Please submit only one session for consideration. To submit a proposal, complete the online submission form by February 26, 2021. KASA will notify the primary presenter in April 2021 regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of all proposals.