Education sessions will take place Thursday, July 30, 2020, and will be one hour in length. Sessions will be identified in terms of topic, target audience, and presentation format as follows:
Lecture – Research, practices, or program is presented to an audience by an individual or team
Panel Discussion – Specific topic is discussed among a selected group of panelists who share differing perspectives, while attendees are invited to add their perspectives, comments, or questions
Roundtable – Participants take part in small group discussions on an assigned topic for a timed interval facilitated by the session presenter
Workshop – Attendees actively participate in learning a new skill, methodology, or technique facilitated by the session presenter
Sessions should be designed for P-12 school administrators featuring interactive, engaging adult learning techniques and showcase emerging trends and innovations in education based on Light, Leadership, Legacy: 2020 Vision and Beyond, the theme of this year’s event.
Proposal Review and Notification
All proposals will be reviewed by members of the planning committee and KASA staff. Reviewers will evaluate the proposals through a series of questions:
- How well does the proposal relate to the event theme and focus areas?
- Does the proposal contain innovative, research-based, and cutting-edge ideas that achieve successful results?
- Will the proposal’s content attract and stimulate attendees?
- Does the proposal clearly specify what participants might gain from the session?
- Are the ideas, practices, and programs replicable, and do they focus on the hows and whys?
- Does the proposal provide a unique solution to a universal education-related concern?
- Are presentation techniques current, diverse, and interactive?
- Does the session clearly indicate how attendees will be engaged?
- Does the proposal/session provide the level of insight, instruction, and material that meets the high standards and expectations of KASA attendees?
- Does the session provide theory and practical application?
- Will the presentation help attendees lead schools effectively while doing their jobs?