Led by former superintendents Nannette Johnston, Dr. Jan Lantz, and Owens Saylor, this session will focus on the application and interview process and will include:
- Developing a preliminary 30-60-90 day induction plan and writing a compelling letter of interest required in most application processes
- Completing an online application that will be used to promote your candidacy in future superintendent searches
- Reviewing "Do's and Dont's" for interviewing
- Participating in a mock interview process with actual questions in previous searches
- Finding the right district for your leadership style and goals
- Submitting an application that will get the right kind of attention, including how to appeal to screening committee members
- And much, much more!
As an added benefit, participants are eligible to submit their current resume for review and coaching. The resume should be sent to Dr. Lantz, former Superintendent of Nelson County Schools, Elementary Personnel Supervisor in Prince George's County, Maryland (one of the nation's largest school systems), and Assistant Superintendent of Human Resources in Charles County, Maryland Public Schools. Once registered for the conference, please forward your resume to Jan Lantz no later than March 15, 2021.
This event is a must for any KY school leader looking to enter the superintendent job market now or in the future.
Cancellation & Substitution Policy:
• Written cancellation requests received before March 8, 2021 will receive a refund
minus $29 cancellation fee.
• Written cancellation requests received on or after March 8, 2021 will not be refunded.
• Written cancellation requests must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.