Tips for Preparing Your Proposal
- Session title should be 15 words or less and should clearly reflect the session’s focus and content.
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms that do not clearly explain the session’s content.
- Use active verbs to describe what will occur in the session. (Examples: discuss, examine, present)
- Session descriptions should be limited to 50 words and should indicate presentation style (lecture, panel discussion, roundtable, workshop) and learning targets participants can expect to gain from your session.
- Indicate whether handouts or other resources will be available.
- Write in complete sentences. Do not use phrases.
Presenters must register for the institute before or upon acceptance of the proposal. One-day, complimentary registration will be provided for the primary presenter for the day of the presentation, Thursday, July 27, if requested. Presenters are encouraged to attend the full three-day institute at the early bird member rate of $269 per person. Registration fee includes access to all general sessions, concurrent education sessions, featured workshops, exhibit hall, meal functions, activities, and EILA conference or finance officer credit.
Each organization or individual may submit up to two session proposals. To submit a proposal, complete the online submission form by March 1, 2017. KASA will notify the primary presenter in April 2017 regarding acceptance or non-acceptance of all proposals.